I'm not a complainer. In fact, I'm generally a pretty easy going person. But there are just a few…okay, quite a few things that really bug the heck outta me. Maybe you can relate?
So here they are — thirteen things that annoy me, in no particular order:
- People at the grocery store who pay by check, but who don't even get their checkbook out of their purse until every last item has been rung up by the cashier.
- People who stand in line to order food at a fast food restaurant, but who wait until they get to the very front of the line before they start deciding what to order. Umm, hello? What were they doing that entire time?
- Channel surfing. I don't mind channel surfing when I'm the one doing the surfing, but I can't stand it when someone else, like my husband, has control of the remote. I do try to be patient, but it still bugs me.
- Television news anchors who overuse alliteration, cliches, and puns in their reports. I'm seriously tired of hearing about how people are experiencing "Sticker Shock" when they open up their high electric bills.
- People who wear pajamas and slippers to go grocery shopping. I'm all about comfort, but it just looks ridiculous. Oh, when is this fad going to pass?
- People who don't listen when I'm having a conversation with them. You know the type. They're so concerned about what they're going to say next, they don't even hear what was said just a moment before. (Conversations with my children come to mind here…)
- Concealing gossip in the guise of a prayer request. Like when people say, "Hey, we need to pray for so-and-so. She's…" God knows what's going on. We don't necessarily need to know all the nasty details.
- Those annoying, materialistic Cadillac commercials. You know what I'm talking about — the ones that appeal to the snob in all of us. Can't stand 'em.
- Habitual tardiness. Can't stand it. If someone's late every so often, that's one thing. But if a person always arrives 15 minutes late, why can't they learn to leave 15 minutes earlier? I'm baffled.
- People who don't understand the concept of personal space. Eighteen inches is quite close enough, thank you!
- Speakers — professional speakers — who can't finish a single sentence without saying ummm half a dozen times.
- Pants that are belted too far south. I have no problem with baggy pants, but I do have a problem with belting your pants so far below your rear end that we can see every inch of your boxer shorts. Yet at the same time, I totally oppose what some politicians here in the Dallas area are proposing — passing laws against baggy drawers. I may not like what it looks like, but people have every right to wear their pants that way if they want.
- Those faucets in public restrooms that you have to push down with one hand to get the water to run. I mean, what is the point of even washing your hands if you have to press a germ-ridden faucet handle with your just-washed hands to rinse off your other hand? I don't get it.
So what are your pet peeves? Leave a comment and let me know!