My menu plan for this week will hopefully include using the stove even though I am still very busy.
My schedule last week was so packed that I didn't touch the stove once…well, beyond boiling water I didn't touch the stove. This week's schedule is a lot lighter in the evenings, so although I'm still busy from 3-6 in the afternoons teaching piano lessons, I hope to be able to make some meals this week. Wednesday and Thursday will still be Yo-Yo (You're On Your Own) due to having very little time between my lessons and our evening activities, but I have four meals planned for the rest of the week.
Like I did a few weeks ago, I'm including my prep steps that I'll need to do so that dinner can be prepared as quickly as possible after my lessons are done. Hopefully my kids will even be able to do a lot of the baking while I'm still teaching. I'd love to have dinner ready by 6:30 each evening.
- Monday: Baked Chicken, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans (prep: defrost the chicken and prep it in a 9×13 dish; refrigerate. Wash and cube the mashed potatoes.)
- Tuesday: Wet Burritos, Spanish Rice, and Corn (prep: make up the burritos and refrigerate in 9×13 dish.)
- Wednesday and Thursday: Yo-Yo (sandwiches, beans, or quesadillas likely)
- Friday: Italian Stir Fry (I've never made this before, but I'm told it's absolutely delicious! Jeff will probably end up making this since Fridays are his day off.)
- Saturday: Homemade pizza using Sonshine's no-rise yeast dough for the crust.
For more menu plans, visit Organizing Junkie.
Hope you enjoy it!
Sounds like a yummy week! How do you make your garlic mashed potatoes?
Thanks for the linky love. 🙂
Enjoy your week!
Sonshine’s last blog post..Meijer Deals 1/18-1/24
Looks like a great menu! Tracy's dinner looks yummy, too!
Sherry’s last blog post..Menu Plan – January 19-25