For the last two weeks Amanda and I have challenged each other to cook more for our families, focusing on only one meal per week. The first week it was breakfasts, and last week it was lunches. This coming week our task is to focus on dinners, one meal that I've always had difficulty preparing due to my afternoon schedule teaching piano lessons.
But thankfully it's summer time and my lesson load is lighter. Hopefully I'll be able to meet this week's challenge and prepare dinner each evening this week. The recipes below are all new to me. As you'll notice, I haven't specified which day I'm making which meal because…well, I have no idea yet. It will depend on when I can get to the grocery store to pick up a few ingredients I'm missing:
- Grilled chicken with Amy's simple chicken marinade.
- Deviled chicken from Kate.
- Super-easy chicken fried rice from Zesty Cook.
- Beef and Tomato bake from Zesty Cook (recipe obtained via Google chat, so you'll have to wait till I fix it for the recipe.)
- Mama Zesty's Famous Meatloaf (also obtained via Google chat).
- Crockpot barbecue chicken
- Breakfast-for-Dinner Fritatta
One of the goals with this cooking challenge with Amanda is to help each of us develop a master menu plan by the end of June. With that end in mind, we'll each be hosting a Mr. Linky next Monday where you can link up any of your favorite dinner recipes. We'd love to add them to our menus!
This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie.