Gradebook+ is a free gradebook and record-keeping spreadsheet template for homeschool. I created Gradebook+ to use for my own high school son, but it can be used for any grade level. It's easy-to-use and customizable to fit your own homeschool, and detailed instructions for using the spreadsheet template are included.
- To use Gradebook+ with multiple students, you'll need to save a separate file for each student.
- The spreadsheet is designed for grade reporting over one year, not by quarters or semesters.
- Please make sure you read through the detailed instructions before emailing me with a question about how to use the spreadsheet. The answer is probably in there already.
- Many of the sheets or cells in specific sheets are protected since they contain formulas. Please make sure you don't overwrite those formulas or the spreadsheet won't work as designed. If you do accidentally overwrite any formulas, you can always download a fresh file and copy/paste formulas from the new file into your working file. Just copy/paste from and into the exact same sheets & cells.
- Gradebook+ is free for personal use, but I ask that you do not redistribute it.
Download the file below. You may need to right-click and choose "Save As". If you don't have Excel or Open Office, you can download Open Office for free.
NOTE: Excel seems to have changed some security settings recently, so you may experience an issue with the file opening up as a blank sheet once you enable editing. If that happens, this solution has worked for others.
Features of Gradebook+
- Summary Overview: lists credits and current grades in all courses as well as overall grade (according to weight and credits); includes customizable grading scale
- Attendance Record: not year-specific, so it does not have to be altered from year to year
- Course Sheets: up to 12 courses; includes space for up to five different types of grades (daily, quizzes, tests, etc.); includes an area to record a course description and a listing of all curriculum/resources used in each course
- Reading Book List: printable record of all books read throughout the year
- Extra-Curricular Activities Record: printable record of all extra activities
- Field Trip List: printable record of all field trips
- Grade Report: automatically generated final report card, formatted for printing
- Course List: lists all courses, course descriptions, and curriculum/resources used; automatically generated from the Course sheets
- Detailed directions about how to use the spreadsheet template