I adore Amazon.com. We order books from Amazon at least once a month. Thankfully for our bank account, a good portion of those books are free because of Swagbucks.
If you haven't checked out Swagbucks yet, you're seriously missing out — especially if you're a homeschooler. By doing web searches like you'd normally be doing, as well as by referring other people (like I'm doing now), you earn Swagbucks which you can then use to buy lots of goodies, my favorite being $5 Amazon.com Gift Cards.
Here are some of the books I've ordered in the last few months with my free Amazon.com Gift Cards from Swagbucks:
- Hitler Youth: Growing Up in Hitler's Shadow
- World War II: The Rest of the Story and How It Affects You Today, 1930 to September 11, 2001
- Capitalism For Kids: Growing Up To Be Your Own Boss
- Common Sense Business for Kids
- The Book on Writing: The Ultimate Guide to Writing Well
- The Thousand Year War in the Mideast: How It Affects You Today
- Uncle Eric Talks About Personal, Career, and Financial Security
- 30 Days to Understanding the Bible
- Revision And Self-Editing (Write Great Fiction)
- A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver
Getting free books and stuff from Amazon is great way to increase your homeschool library or to get items for gifts for others.
How about you? Do you do Swagbucks yet?
I use SB too and I always get Amazon get cards too! And I always buy books with them too! HA!
How do you get so many points??? I've been at it for a while and only have 695…. They're all pretty much from searches. It seems that the code has expired before I even get it, literally! And I don't know if it's b/c I'm running a Mac, but it won't let me do the surveys either… I have enough for about $5 Amazon card… 🙁
@Charlene, Referrals are the easiest way to get more Swagbucks. You get matched Swagbucks up to a certain amount from people you refer.
I've posted my Swagbucks referral link on facebook, had my extended family sign up, and mentioned it to as many as I can. I also have it post to my Facebook wall whenever I win new Swagbucks. People are often curious and click through my wall post to sign up.
Hope that helps 🙂
@Joy, Thanks! That explains it! I didn't realize that so I never posted it to my facebook. Now I see why I've seen friends do that. Thanks again!
I just started using swagbucks. I'm stocking up for the winter. Hey I just noticed your blog is The Homeschool Moms "Site of the Week" blog. Congrats!
@Rana, Site of the Week? What do you mean? Call me clueless.