So many slow cooker recipes are long and complicated so here are some of our couldn't be easier slow cooker recipes that anyone can do.
I love cooking in my slow cooker. I've found that with the slow cooker, I only need a couple of ingredients to make a delicious main dish. Here are some of my family's favorites.
Slow Cooker Chicken with Variations
1. Place frozen (or thawed) boneless skinless chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker. The actual number you use is up to you. I usually use 3-5 breasts.
2. Then cover the chicken with one of the following and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear:
- BBQ Chicken: Two jars of barbecue sauce
- Creamy Chicken and Gravy: Two cans of cream of chicken soup
- Cheesy Chicken: One can of cream of chicken soup and one can of cheddar cheese soup
- Spicy Italian Chicken: 1 cup Italian dressing, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup prepared spicy mustard
I often make potatoes to go along with these dishes and use the sauce in the slow cooker as gravy.
Try your hand at these couldn't be easier recipes and send me some of your own.
For more great 5-ingredients or Less Recipes, go to Shannon's blog.
These are great ideas! I love crock-pot meals, and I'm always looking for variations. Thanks!
I'm licking my lips over here! This sounds fabulous! and I love the variations too!
Mmmm….yummy! These all sound great!
I love these variations! We do a lot of chicken in the crockpot and it's easy to get bored. These are great! Thanks for sharing!
This is great!! I even have one to add:
Mexican Chicken: one can diced tomatoes (with green chilies) and one packet of taco seasoning
I use this as the base for chicken tacos (or quesadillas, or enchiladas), and I've also served it over rice.
I love doing BBQ chicken and creamy chicken, and will have to try the other two sometime soon.
Slacker Mom says
I love anything that can be made in my always trusty crockpot – thanks for sharing these ideas.
Yum, thanks for the variations!
I've had a crockpot for several years (got it as a gift) and haven't even opened the box. But these recipes are so simple and require so little effort, that I think I'll just have to bust open that box and whip up some of this yummy chicken!
Oh, perfect time for me to stumble upon this post! I have frozen chicken breasts in the freezer, and wanted a super-simple crock pot recipe! I think I will try the Italian one today. 🙂