So many slow cooker recipes are long and complicated so here are some of our couldn't be easier slow cooker recipes that anyone can do.
I love cooking in my slow cooker. I've found that with the slow cooker, I only need a couple of ingredients to make a delicious main dish. Here are some of my family's favorites.
Slow Cooker Chicken with Variations
1. Place frozen (or thawed) boneless skinless chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker. The actual number you use is up to you. I usually use 3-5 breasts.
2. Then cover the chicken with one of the following and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear:
- BBQ Chicken: Two jars of barbecue sauce
- Creamy Chicken and Gravy: Two cans of cream of chicken soup
- Cheesy Chicken: One can of cream of chicken soup and one can of cheddar cheese soup
- Spicy Italian Chicken: 1 cup Italian dressing, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup prepared spicy mustard
I often make potatoes to go along with these dishes and use the sauce in the slow cooker as gravy.
Try your hand at these couldn't be easier recipes and send me some of your own.
For more great 5-ingredients or Less Recipes, go to Shannon's blog.