Chicken, Basil, and Spinach Quesadillas did not sound good to me but I am so glad I tried them.
Tonight I made yet another meal suggested by Cory over at Zesty Cook (and if you're counting, that's 3 out of the 4 planned meals I've made so far this week!). This recipe made use of the rest of the basil pesto that I made earlier this week and of which I used a portion for the chicken, basil, and mushroom fettuccine.
I will admit that when Cory first told me about this recipe, I was a bit…well, skeptical. Basil and spinach…in a quesadilla? I'd never heard the like before.
But I was in an adventurous culinary mood, so I decided to go ahead and give it a try. And I am so glad I did. Believe it or not, all five of us J's loved the quesadillas — spinach and all! This will most definitely be going on our permanent menu list.
Here's the basic recipe I used. There aren't really any specific amounts for the ingredients since it all depends on how much you want to make. But it really couldn't be easier to make. And it's such a nice change from refried bean and cheese quesadillas!
Chicken, Basil, and Spinach Quesadillas
- Olive oil (to cook chicken)
- Chicken, cubed (I used probably 2-3 boneless/skinless breast)
- Basil pesto (for the amount of chicken I used, I added about 1/2 a cup)
- Fresh baby spinach (about a handful)
- Shredded cheese (to sprinkle on the filling before heating the tortillas)
- Tortillas (I used three 10" tortillas)
- Cook the chicken in olive oil until done.
- Stir in the pesto and heat through.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Fill half of each tortilla with filling and top with cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, whatever your choice)
- Fold the tortilla over the filling and cook on preheated griddle.
These Chicken, Basil, and Spinach Quesadillas will be added to our menu list for planning meals in the future.
Org Junkie says
OH yum!! I'm bookmarking this one, thanks!
Org Junkie’s last blog post..8 simple steps to less clutter and cleaning
Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home says
Looks tasty and quick! Thanks for sharing…I'm sure this one will end up on our table soon. 🙂
Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home’s last blog post..So, Is The Sink Still Clean?
Not So Average Mama says
Think I may try this without the Chicken! Sounds great! THANKS!
Not So Average Mama’s last blog post..Mama’s Going Out Tonight!
I'm going to try the chicken pesto quesadillas. Sounds good, easy and quick.
Karen’s last blog post..3-15 Spiritual Sunday
These look delicious, I hope to make them soon. Thanks for sharing!
Becca’s last blog post..Criminal Minds
These look sooo good! I have a big bag of spinach in the fridge I've been wondering how to fix it!
Amanda’s last blog post..Keeping our Priorities in Order