Every homeschool should incorporate an art and drawing curriculum for the enjoyment of the students or just to begin to developing an appreciation of art.
Our family loves art and drawing. If yours is like ours, you may enjoy some of these resource. Some of these resources could be use as a full homeschool drawing curriculum; others would work well as supplements. Most of the resources are specifically for drawing, but the last two links incorporate other media as well.
- Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Workbook. Jaden used this a couple years ago with great success, and Jerah started the curriculum this year.
- Mark Kistler's Draw Squad. Joely's using this for part of her art curriculum this year.
- FREE! DrawSpace. This absolutely incredible website has drawing lessons divided into three categories based on level of skill. You will definitely want to bookmark this site!
- FREE! How to Draw Folds. This is a very interesting tutorial for the advanced student. There aren't step-by-step directions, per se, but the information is very good.
- FREE! Drawing Humans. This visual tutorial helps explain how to draw in proportion, muscles, and the face. It also covers drawing the female chest, so I'd suggest previewing it before passing it along to your children.
- FREE! Donna Young's drawing lessons: These lessons work on a child's ability to draw exactly what they see. Each day the child copies a small, simple drawing three times, trying to pay attention to spacing, shapes, etc, making their drawing as close to the original as possible. The lessons progress from easy to more difficult so it would be appropriate for even younger kids.
- FREE! Drawing Human Movement
- FREE! Drawing Hands
- FREE! Drawing Feet
- FREE! How to Age Characters
- FREE! Animal Anatomy
- FREE! Drawing the Horse
- FREE! Drawing Birds: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- FREE! Drawing Cats: Big Cats, Little Cats, Cat Breeds, Colors & Patterns
- FREE! Asian Dragons
- FREE! How to Draw & Paint. This is an entire website devoted to tutorials that are quite well done.
- FREE! Watercolor Video Tutorials by Bob Davies. These are very well done.
Do you have any other art or drawing curriculum resources you could add to the list?