From December 19 through December 21, we hosted an ebook bundle benefit sale here on FiveJs.com to help a homeschool family who has taken on the care of ten additional children, ages 2–16, who need a safe and loving home.
Proceeds from that ebook sale benefit raised $7,667.48 for those children! Thank you so much for your amazing willingness to give!
The mother of these ten precious kids has terminal cancer and is no longer able to care for them. And unfortunately, the situation with the father is such that the children cannot live with him either. So to provide a safe and stable environment for these children, and to keep the siblings together, my incredibly-awesome cousin has been working with social services and has opened her home to these ten children. (It's a complicated situation, and because of the sensitive circumstances, I'm keeping the names of both families private.)
The children arrived at my cousin's home a couple weeks ago with pretty much just the clothes on their backs and in great need of love, attention, and prayers. To help my cousin care for these ten children, I recruited the assistance of several generous bloggers, and they donated their ebooks for the ebook bundle.
A special thank you!
I want to say a special thank you to those bloggers who donated their ebooks for this benefit sale:
- Dana White of A Slob Comes Clean
- Renee Harris of MadeOn (HardLotion.com)
- Lorilee Lippincot of Loving Simple Living
- Mandi Ehman of Life Your Way
- Laura Coppinger of Heavenly Homemakers
- Jessica Fisher of Life As Mom
- Erin Chase of $5 Dinners
- Lynn of Lynn's Kitchen Adventures
If you'd still like to donate…
1. You can donate money directly to the family through PayPal (you don't have to have a PayPal account to donate this way). Click the button below to donate.
2. You can donate Walmart eGiftCards which the family can use to purchase what they need for the children. If you choose to donate a Walmart eGift Card, please use email@example.com as the "recipient email address" when you purchase the card. I will then consolidate the cards to deliver to the family. Click here to donate a Walmart eGift Card.