Jerah had her second turn at cooking tonight, and she chose to make BBQ smoked turkey burgers (a turkey twist on sloppy joes). This time we used Better Homes and Gardens New Junior Cookbook.
If I had to vote, I would say that tonight's main dish was my favorite so far. And it was surprisingly easy to make.
Here's what Jerah did:
- Shredded a pound of smoked deli turkey and placed it in a sauce pan
- Mixed it with about a cup of barbecue sauce (we used Cattlemen's Southern Gold barbecue sauce)
- Added two small carrots (shredded) to the mixture
- Heated the mixture over medium heat
- When it was heated through, we simply spooned the mixture over toasted hamburger buns.
Jerah served the turkey burgers with corn on the cob as a side dish. The meal was extremely filling and absolutely delicious.
And we were again astounded that every member of our family partook of Jerah's meal this evening without complaint. In fact, we even heard several "Mmmms" and "This is so goods."